Everyone knows that Cinco de Mayo, or May 5, means fun, margaritas, and tacos in Farmingdale. But do you know the history of this momentous day? Our team at High Tide Taco Bar would like to take a deeper dive into this day of seemingly endless celebration, so continue reading to learn more!
History of Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo literally translates to “the fifth of May” and is a Mexican Holiday honoring the Battle of Puebla, which occurred on May 5, 1862. One of the common misconceptions about Cinco de Mayo is that it is Mexican Independence Day. Mexico celebrates independence from Spain on September 16. While this holiday does not signify Mexico’s independence, the history behind this day shaped the landscape of North America as a whole. Cinco de Mayo is celebrated more in the United States by both Mexicans and Americans alike. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican-American culture, so what better way to celebrate than with some delicious tacos in Farmingdale at High Tide Taco Bar?
Tacos in Farmingdale
This year, Cinco de Mayo falls on a Thursday, so head to High Tide Taco Bar to enjoy warm weather and great Mexican-inspired dishes with family and friends. Our menu boasts a variety of tacos, burritos, fajitas, margaritas, and more! Here are some of our menu items to help get the party started:
- Birria Tacos – Shredded beef brisket and queso blanco with a side of chipotle adobo sauce.
- Chorizo Tacos – Chorizo, avocado, pico de gallo, lemon aioli, cilantro, and lettuce.
- Steak Tacos – Marinated steak with pico de gallo, queso blanco, salsa verde, and lettuce.
- Sante Fe Empanadas – Beef or chicken, black beans, corn, and blended cheese with a side of chipotle aioli.
- Loaded Guacamole Tacos – Guacamole, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, lettuce, cilantro, and salsa verde.
Cinco de Mayo is a fun and historically significant holiday that’s about celebrating Mexican-American culture. Now that you know a little more background on this occasion, join us at High Tide Taco Bar this year and enjoy some tacos and Farmingdale! To learn more about our menu or place an order, be sure to contact us today!