When it comes to tacos, debates between hard shell or soft shell, and even lettuce or no lettuce rage on to this day, the cuisine phenomenon is known as “tex-mex” has normalized adding corn, shredded cheese, and diced tomatoes to our tacos. However, there are no debating the humble beginnings of the taco, and the toppings that made traditional tacos so famous. No matter what you like to put on your tacos, High Tide Taco Bar has you covered in every which way. We proudly serve quesadillas, burritos, tasty drinks, and especially tacos in Farmingdale and would love to cater your next event.
- Tex- Mex Tacos – The modern taco offers a variety of options for your tastebuds, starting with the shell. The shell can be hard or soft, consisting of a flour or corn tortilla. While people put just about everything on tacos these days, the most basic toppings you’ll find are lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Lastly, baked chicken, beef, or pork sits at the bottom of the taco.
- Traditional Mexican Tacos – Traditionally, tacos are served on only soft tortillas, mainly corn, but flour tortillas are also popular. White onions, cilantro, pico de gallo, and homemade salsa all lay gently over grilled or stewed meat.
Hungry after all this taco-talk? Are you looking for a taco in Farmingdale? Come see us here at High Tide Taco Bar and take advantage of our taco Tuesday deal, $1 beef tacos and $2 chicken tacos! With our taco menu ranging from traditional to the Caribbean, and even Philly cheesesteak, there’s sure to be something for you to love.
Don’t Be Afraid To Try New Things!
Our wide variety of tacos doesn’t stop there at Philly cheesesteak. Both those that are new to tacos, as well as veteran taco connoisseurs, will find comfort in some of our unique options:
- Vegetarian – We offer a crispy potato taco filled with chipotle sour cream and scallions, as well as a Mediterranean option that features tzatziki sauce paired with feta cheese.
- Seafood – Our arsenal of seafood tacos includes fish, shrimp, and seared tuna options. All three are served on flour tortillas and topped with lettuce and pico.
- Vegan – We’re proud to provide all six of our vegan taco options on corn tortillas, ranging from:
- Sweet Potato
- Black Bean Quinoa
- Loaded Guacamole
Tacos are a staple of traditional Mexican food, and there’s only one spot to find the best tacos in Farmingdale. Stop in and say hi to us at High Tide Taco Bar or check out our menu online today!